Last Updated: July 11, 2018
WatchGuard, Inc. (”Company” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.watchguardvideo.com (the “WGI Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the WGI Site;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the WGI Site; or
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the WGI Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the WGI Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website we operate, or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the WGI Site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The WGI Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the WGI Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
EU – US PRIVACY SHIELD
WatchGuard participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework that governs the collection, use and retention of personal information from citizens of European Union member countries. Visit here to see our Privacy Shield policy. Visit https://www.privacyshield.gov to learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework and Privacy Shield Principles.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of the WGI Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier that you use to register or establish a user account, or by which you may be contacted online or offline (”personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as an email address or other information required to use certain features, automatically recorded times and dates of visits to the WGI Site, and the contents of your public comments and postings on the WGI Site; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the WGI Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the WGI Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through the WGI Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the WGI Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to a service we offer on the WGI Site, posting material, creating an account, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the WGI Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the WGI Site.
- Your search queries on the WGI Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the WGI Site (for example, on the “Share a Video” page), or transmitted to other users of the WGI Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the WGI Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with the WGI Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the WGI Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the WGI Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve the WGI Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the WGI Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the WGI Site.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the WGI Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the WGI Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the WGI Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about WDI Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WatchGuard, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit-risk reduction.
We have implemented measures designed to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to create an account or for access to certain parts of the WGI Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our the WGI Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the WGI Site.
VISTA SmartConnect is intended for use by individuals and agencies authorized to use and connect to a WatchGuard Video VISTA® WiFi body-worn camera. Based on permissions set in WatchGuard Video’s EvidenceLibrary 4 Web™ evidence management system, VISTA SmartConnect users can manage VISTA WiFi features, view and categorize recorded events, or stream live video from the camera to a Wi-Fi enabled smart device.
Data We Collect and/or Store
VISTA SmartConnect doesn’t collect data from or store data on your smart device. Sometimes we utilize storage within the application temporarily to buffer video and/or audio files as they’re being played on the smart device. This data is deleted immediately after viewing the video or when starting a new video playback session, such as starting from the beginning or jumping to a new location in the video stream.
Captured Images on Your Smart Device
Most smart devices have the ability to capture and save screen shots of any image displayed on the device, including VISTA WiFi recorded video events or streaming video. We are not responsible for images captured and/or stored on the smart device in this or any other manner.
Information We Collect When You Download the SmartConnect App
When you download the SmartConnect App, we may ask for information to help set up an account that is stored on your mobile device and possibly by us. This information may include:
- Your username and password; and
- The IP address associated with your download.
Furthermore, we may collect additional information from the platform from which you download the app, such as the Apple App Store or the Google Play store. This information may include:
- When you downloaded the app;
- The type of device on which the app will run;
- Your mobile service provider; and/or
- Reports that we receive if your app has any technical difficulties.
Without some of this basic information, all services and app functionality and features may not be available to you.
What We Do with the Information We Collect through the SmartConnect App
We use the information from the platform where the app was downloaded to track statistics and usage data. We may also use and disclose anonymous information for any other reason allowed under applicable law.
We do not sell your information to third parties. We may use third parties to perform or provide some of the services and features available to you, which may require us to share anonymous information with such third-party providers. In those instances, we will share only such limited information as is necessary to accomplish these purposes.
We may also disclose your SmartConnect information: (1) as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, court order, or similar legal process; (2) to fully cooperate with law enforcement to identify those using WatchGuard services for illegal activities; (3) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; and (4) to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.