The Industry Leader
WatchGuard Video is the leading provider of mobile video solutions for law enforcement, having supplied in-car video systems and body-worn cameras along with evidence management software to approximately one-third of all law enforcement agencies in the United States and Canada. WatchGuard has been recognized as the worldwide market share leader in mobile video in the bi-annual market research reports published by IHS Markit in 2012, 2014 and again in 2016*. The company is a seven-time winner of the Dallas 100 award honoring the fastest-growing, privately held businesses in the Dallas area. In addition, WatchGuard was included on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private American companies in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
WatchGuard reinvests a substantial percentage of its revenues back into research and development of new, innovative products that deliver the most compelling video evidence for law enforcement.
WatchGuard staffs 6 different types of engineering disciplines:
• Electrical Engineers
• Mechanical Engineers
• Embedded Software Engineers
• FPGA Designers
• Test Engineers
• Software Developers
WatchGuard’s innovations have advanced the industry, and have resulted in 29 issued U.S. patents plus 5 additional pending patents.
• The pioneer of Record-After-the-Fact®
• The first high definition in-car cameras
• The first completely integrated and synchronized in-car and body-worn camera system
• The first Ultra-Wide Dynamic Range cameras
• The first high-fidelity law enforcement microphones
• The only multiple resolution recording system
• The only software secured removable media
• The only HD panoramic strip camera
Manufactured in the USA
The company manufactures its products in-house from its 140,000-square-foot, two-story world headquarters in Allen, Texas. The facility accommodates 500 employees and all departmental work areas, including a 43,000-square-foot sophisticated manufacturing facility where all of WatchGuard’s products are assembled.
The Brent G. Robertson Engineering Wing with its attached state-of-the-art Engineering laboratory is where WatchGuard’s in-car and body-worn camera systems are designed. The laboratory features a number of specialty rooms including a temperature chamber room, 3D print room, anechoic chamber room, camera dark room, and a prototype shop for a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) router.
* Information based on IHS Markit, Technology Group, Mobile Video Surveillance & Body Worn Cameras Reports, 2017, 2015, and 2013. Information is not an endorsement of WatchGuard Video. Any reliance on these results is at the third party’s own risk. Visit technology.ihs.com for more details.