Is Your Agency a Good Candidate for Cellular Upload of Video?
There are numerous variables involved when implementing a cellular upload capability into your vehicle fleet. Among these variables are things like
This document is intended to help your agency understand the potential benefits of implementing video upload over cellular data link as well as any associated risks or difficulties you may encounter. This will enable your agency to make an informed decision about how to proceed with this capability.
Here is a high-level overview of what makes a good candidate for implementing video upload over
An Agency is a Good Candidate if:
- It understands the technical limitations of uploading video over cellular as explained in this document.
- It uses one of the WatchGuard supported cellular routers or one of the WatchGuard supported MDC/cellular modem combinations.
- It uses the WatchGuard recommended system configuration (as described in this document).
- Its cellular service provider has good upload speeds and signal coverage over the agency’s geographical service area.
- Its policies are supportive of uploading video over
An Agency is a Potential Candidate if:
- It uses a configuration other than the WatchGuard recommended configuration but is willing to do some testing and experimentation to determine whether their configuration will support video upload over cellular in a satisfactory manner.
An Agency is Not a Good Candidate if:
- It has overly optimistic expectations for the performance of video upload over cellular which
arebeyond the technical limitations of the system. (This document is intended to help avoid this situation).
- It uses a configuration other than the WatchGuard recommended configuration and is unable to achieve satisfactory performance from this configuration.
- Its cellular service provider has poor upload speeds and signal coverage over the agency’s geographical service area. Use speedtest.net or other speed tests in multiple areas in your area of patrol to confirm speeds.
- Its policies are not supportive of uploading video over