General InformationJob Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
Reporting To: Controller
The Staff Accountant is responsible for working with and supporting the aggregate responsibilities of the Accounting Department as we support the rest of the organization in capturing complete, timely and accurate information. Responsibilities include supporting Month End Close, GL entries, Fixed Asset management, Balance Sheet reconciliations and other tasks as assigned.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provides Accounting team support for all monthly close processes as requested and assigned.
- Processes monthly GL entries and monthly accruals
- Maintains and updates Fixed Asset reporting
- Commission calculations and reporting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Perform account analysis both balance sheet and expense G/L accounts
- Running and preparing month end reports.
- Critical document Organization.
- Insurance requirement management
- State Project accounting and reporting
- Special projects and other accounting functions as required
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major.
- Plans to pursue CPA certification is desired.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ previous experience in an accounting role is required
- Advanced Excel Skills- Pivot Tables, V Look Ups, Macros etc.
- Proficient in bank and G/L reconciliations and fixed asset accounting.
- Great Plains/MS Dynamics experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills are paramount – Outlook, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Ability to define a problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented and possesses strong organization skills.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals both inside and outside the company.
- Must be a team player and like working as part of a team.
- Desire to learn and grow in a highly efficient organization.
- Possess a sense of urgency.
- Base Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Company Benefits Package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Non-Profit Volunteer Days