General InformationJob Title: Principal System Test Engineer
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
Reporting To: Engineering Director
This candidate will drive, plan and execute functional, compatibility, and user acceptance tests against a variety of products and components for embedded Linux software applications, Windows desktop, Windows server, Web client, and Cloud environments as an individual and team leadership role.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop and execute manual test cases/test plans in system test environment.
- Enhance test coverage and efficiency through test automation.
- Create and maintain detailed test plans based on business and technical requirements.
- Facilitate test plan reviews, both internal and with cross-functional groups.
- Work with development team to troubleshoot and debug issues found.
- Isolate and report defects found, escalating serious quality issues to management.
- Demonstrated ability in solving problems as part of a team or individually.
- Accurately scopes tasks and implements them in accordance with the plan.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Interfaces well with individuals outside of engineering.
- Demonstrated aptitude in recognizing and solving problems.
- 10+ years of demonstrated proficiency.
- System test experience in Agile environment.
- Experienced in using XML and Linux command line with Python, Perl or Tcl programming skill.
- Technical experience in testing Video, WiFi, GPS interfaces and familiar with TCP/IP and security protocols.
- Familiar with test case management and defect tracking tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft OS / tools.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries required.
- Experience testing hosted cloud applications strongly desired.
- Maintains a positive attitude throughout typical work related challenges.
- Willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute in a tight-knit team environment are a must.
- Self-motivated, and proactively seek out information in order to solve issues and complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Must be hands on to create and set up test environments to conduct end to end system testing and system performance characterization.
- Base Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Company Benefits Package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Non-Profit Volunteer Days