General InformationJob Title: Agile Program Manager
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
Reporting To: VP of Engineering & Product Development
WatchGuard Video is looking for a great Agile program manager to help manage the continued development of our In-Car and Wearable Video Systems and associated products. This program manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. This individual may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
This individual must be able to work closely with other engineers, customers, customer service, and other groups to help gather requirements, develop solutions, and debug issues.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- At a corporate level, leading and managing large, complex projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
- Partnering with sponsors, stakeholders, engineering, product management, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- In performing these roles, he or she will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus.
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building. Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
- Balanced business/technical background: Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues. Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Starts and finishes tasks with minimal management oversight.
- Interfaces well with individuals outside of engineering. Communicates effectively to peers.
- Base Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Company Benefits Package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Non-Profit Volunteer Days