General InformationJob Title: Embedded HW Test Engineer
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
WatchGuard Video develops, markets, and maintains custom hardware and Windows software applications to enable its mobile digital video recorder product line. Challenges include testing database, video file storage and conversion, video-on-demand streaming, enterprise class – network-enabled client/server applications, embedded software/firmware, and user interfaces including Web enabled clients.
This candidate will drive, plan and execute functional, compatibility, and user acceptance tests against a variety of products and components for embedded Linux software applications, Windows desktop, Windows server, Web client, and Cloud environments as an individual and team leadership role.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Generate test environment, test plans and test program for embedded HW products.
- Enhance product quality and test coverage through test automation.
- Collaborate with development team to troubleshoot and debug issues.
- Isolate and report defects found, escalating serious quality issues to management.
- Demonstrated ability in solving HW/SW problems as part of a team or individually.
- Able to scope tasks and implements them in accordance with the plan.
- Willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge.
- Self-motivated, and proactively seek out information in order to solve issues and complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- 5+ years of demonstrated proficiency.
- Must have wireless (Wi-Fi and LTE) testing experience.
- Experience in automotive electronics a plus.
- Familiar with Linux OS, Python, or Perl scripting. Ability to write basic SQL queries is desirable.
- Must have system test experience in Agile environment.
- Must be familiar with lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, power supply, etc.) to create and set up environments to conduct embedded HW testing and characterization.
- Familiar with mechanical design and solid EE skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute in a tight-knit team environment are a must.
- Base Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Company Benefits Package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Non-Profit Volunteer Days