General InformationJob Title: Agile Product Manager / Owner
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
Reporting To: VP of Engineering and Product Management
This program manager is responsible for balancing the needs of sales, marketing, engineering, and customer service to guide the building of a product that is aligned to customer needs with a fantastic user experience, sustainable and of good quality, and serviceable in the field.
This individual must be able to work closely with other engineers, customers, customer service, and other groups to help gather requirements, develop solutions, and debug issues.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate cross-functional teams of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.
- Serve as an expert across multiple business or system domains; is expected to lead development across multiple teams at the program and portfolio level.
- Identify, engage, influence and lead business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Work with business and Enterprise stakeholders to develop and validate business strategy and lead shaping the vision and customer needs.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, engineering, program management, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as direct representative of the customer with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop project and program level metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assist with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience in business and/or project delivery
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge. Starts and finishes tasks with minimal management oversight. Organizes time and workflow to maximum productivity.
- Interfaces well with individuals outside of engineering. Communicates effectively to peers.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Base Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Company Benefits Package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Non-Profit Volunteer Days